Norman Pattiz, the chief executive officer of Podcast One, has been making news headlines after his announcement of the effects of podcast advertising to branding. Pattiz was assisted by the vice president of Edison Research, Tom Webster.
The detailed results were from a research study conducted on five prominent brands used by most consumers. They provided an in-depth review of the benefits of podcast campaign advertising to branding. Through the study, Edison Research identified the beneficial impacts of podcast advertising on consumer buying behavior.
The following results were important to note:
- Financial services packages marked a significant growth of 47% after the podcast advertising campaign.
- More than 60% of the interviewed team had a positive response towards a particular grocery product after the podcast advertising campaign. This was marked by a 7% rise in brand preference.
- During the study, more than a third of all candidates had a shifted preference for a particular vehicle in the market after the podcast advertising campaign. An 18 % increase marked this.
- A lawn and garden item garnered an increase in consumer preference by 22%.
- The brand awareness intensity of a specified vehicle in the market earned 60%. Finally, an average dining restaurant garnered 76% of consumer preference.
Mechanism of Research
It is important to note that Edison Research conducted the study on prominent brands just like in the indicated results. The two companies thought it wise to carry out the research in three separate studies because it was important to evaluate the effectiveness of that research study on every commodity used.
While some brands had a stellar reputation, other brands were at the trial stage. They were considered to be in the phase of brand awareness. In a bid to determine the effectiveness of podcast advertising, the campaign ran for six weeks.
This time frame was enough to establish the effectiveness of podcast calling on brand marketing. The same technique was applied to all products. From strong results, there was a drawn conclusion that most consumers paid attention to brands that had been advertised.
Norman Pattiz was the chief executive officer of Podcast One until June 2016. The career executive chaired Podcast One to its new position of the number one news provider for sports, traffic, entertainment and programming in the United States of America.
He is also the founder of an entertainment group by the name of Courtside Entertainment Group. This company recognizes untapped audio talent with the aim of giving individuals public recognition.